Steam is one of the well-known computer game digital dispersion platform that permits supporters to buy and download their number one PC games directly to their PC. It’s a helpful method of getting games contrasted with going to a physical store and getting a copy of the game.
However, this is a quite strong platform there are cases when certain issues can happen which we will address today. In this post of our informational guide, we will handle the Steam download stuck at 0 bytes issue.
How to Fix Steam 0 Bytes Issue
Before playing out the suggested troubleshooting step to resolve the steam download stuck at 0 issues I recommend that you take a stab at restarting your PC first. This will refresh the Windows operating system just as eliminate corrupt temporary information and is very compelling in fixing most software related issues.
There are a few factors that can cause this specific issue going from corrupt cache information to a DNS configuration issue. Below I have discussed some of the troubleshooting steps you need to do to fix this steam download stuck at 0 issues.
Recommended: AMD Radeon Settings Not Opening
Disable the automatic detect settings from Google Chrome
Here are the steps which you need to perform in the Google Chrome explorer:
- Open Chrome program and click on the Chrome menu (upper right) after opening.
- After the drop-down comes, click on Settings.
- Once the Settings page is opened, type “proxy” in the dialog bar present on the top.
- From search results, select the outcome which says “open proxy settings”.
- When the settings are opened, click on “LAN Settings” in the Connections tab, present in the base.
- Uncheck “Automatically detect settings”. Save changes and leave at that point restart Steam.
From Network Settings
- Press Windows + R button to bring up the Run application.
- In the dialog box, type “inetcpl.cpl”.
- The web properties will open.
- Go to the Connections tab and click on LAN settings.
- Once in the LAN settings, uncheck the line which says “Automatically detect settings”. Save changes and exit to re-launch Steam.
Check if the Steam download stuck at 0 issues still occurs or not.
Recommended: How To Change DPI On Mouse In Windows
Check your Disk Usage
On the off chance that your disk is at present caught up with copying another document, at that point there’s a likelihood that the Steam cycle will be required to be postponed as it trusts that its present task will be finished.
- Press Windows + R to bring up the task manager.
- Navigate to the Process tab and check the percentage of Disk use. On the off chance that it isn’t full for example 100%, it implies something different is the issue and you can continue with your troubleshooting.
- If the use is full, you can see which program is causing the outrage. Generally, Windows update is devouring a ton of your RAM just as disk write space. We can disable it from the services option to bring down its utilization.
- Press Windows + R button and in the discourse box type “services.msc”.
- A window will open and will contain all the services which run or are running in your Windows. Browse to the end of it where you can see the assistance of “Windows Update”. If Windows Update was consuming a lot of your assets, it implies that it is enabled and running.
- Click the service and you will be diverted to its Properties. Stop the service first utilizing the option.
- After stopping it, click on the “Startup Type” choice. Starting from the dropbox select Disabled. Save changes and exit.
- Restart your PC.
Now perform a check and see whether the Steam download stuck at 0 issues still occurs.
Flush the Steam Configuration and DNS
One approach to fix the steam no network usage issue is to attempt to reset your web settings and configure.
- Press Windows + R to raise the Run application.
- In the dialog box type “steam://flushconfig”.
- Steam will pop up a little window to affirm your activity. Before continuing to ensure that you know your Steam login details. Press Ok. Note that after this activity, Steam will request that you sign in again utilizing your credentials.
- After playing out the above actions, press Windows + R button to spring up the Run window once more. In the dialog box type “cmd” to bring up the command prompt.
- Once in the command prompt, type “ipconfig/flushdns”. Press Enter.
Check if the steam stuck at 0 bytes/sec issue still occurs.
Disable the Connected User Experiences and Telemetry
The Connected User Experiences and Telemetry which was recently known as the Diagnostic Tracking Service is a service in Windows that runs automatically and sends data to Microsoft. This has been known to interfere with how Steam functions which is the reason you should attempt to disable this service.
- On the inquiry bar type services.msc and hit enter.
- Locate the Connected User Experiences and Telemetry service (services are arranged in order).
- Double-click on the service.
- Select Stop to end it.
- Change the Startup Type of the service to disabled.
- Restart Steam.
Scanning for Malware
There can be malware present on your PC which might be giving you download issues. Even though you can utilize diverse antivirus programs, you can likewise utilize Malwarebytes. It would be ideal if you note that we just link different sites to help our clients. We won’t be liable for any harm that your PC may persevere.
Important Note: It is likewise prescribed to briefly disable your Antivirus and check if that fixes your issue.
Restarting Network Adapter
At times, a straightforward restart of the Network adapter after totally disabling it fixes the steam download stuck at 0 issues. Accordingly, in this step, we will initially disable the adapter and afterwards enable it once more. For that:
- Press “Windows” + “R” to open the “Run prompt”.
- Click on the “View As” choice and select the “Large icons” alternative.
- Click on the “Network and Sharing Centre” choice and select the “Change Adapter Settings” option.
- Right-click on the “Network Adapter” that you are utilizing and select the “Disable” choice.
- The PC will presently disable your network adapter.
- Right-click on it again and select the “Enable” option.
- Continue the download on steam and verify whether the steam download stuck at 0 issues continues.
After attempting each strategy discussed in this article to resolve the issue of steam download stuck at 0, if your downloads still don’t sort out, you can check if there is an issue with your web connection. Connect with another network (not Wi-Fi or Ethernet, you can attempt 3G as well) and check whether the issue sorts out.
If the downloads are smooth on another organization, it implies there is an issue with your ISP. You need to contact the client agent and enlighten him regarding your particular issue. You can likewise take a stab at disconnecting different gadgets on your network and restart the modem. You ought to likewise check if there is any conflict with your antivirus or Windows defender. In some cases, the extensions present in Chrome likewise make issues.