The article below will help you understand the way through which you can connect your Wii remote to your PC by enabling the Bluetooth Feature.
There are three main aspects that we want to cover in this tutorial. Firstly, we will explain how to use the Wii controller for PC. Secondly, how to connect the Wii remote to pc as a mouse and finally, the key customization and how to allow them to Wii remote will be elaborated. The items that are required are also worth mentioning.
- You will need a Nintendo Wii Remote (Both New and older models equally work so no problem)
- Your PC should be equipped with Bluetooth Adaptor, if it’s not then go for an external adaptor.
- Some programs are also required for Wii Remote, which will be discussed in upcoming paragraphs.
An important thing to remember here, we are only presenting you the methods for Microsoft’s Windows 10. This procedure is certainly not suited for Mac users. Nexus to before mentioned, the process does not guarantee the cent percent compliance in case you have earlier versions of windows.
So, without creating much suspense let us begin the steps for how to connect Wii remote to PC Windows 10.
Recommended: How to get Free Steam Keys
How to Connect Wii Remote to PC Easy Steps in Windows 10
Step 1: Download the Drivers for Wii Remote
It has been in our experience that the default drivers provided by Microsoft are not fully compatible with the Wii Remote functionality. Sometimes it does not work at all. So it becomes essential to go for some third-party driver support.
Fortunately, there is some good standardized version available, produced by the developer Julian Lohr. We much appreciate his effort as he created the drivers for PC to work finely with Wii Remote.
Please find herewith the link of drivers that are needed;
Based on your needs and suitability you can opt for 64 bit or 32-bit variants,
For 64 bit users:
For 32 bit users:
After having a successful download of the drivers it is advisable to follow the next step which is also very significant.
Step 2: To Disable the Driver Signature
If you are running 64-bit windows and you receive the error message, then this step applies to you. Otherwise, you can omit this.
The drivers that are not created by Microsoft are usually recognized as ghosts since they are not digitally signed. Therefore, you have to disable the driver signature implementation. Here are some simple stages that can be tracked in this regard.
- Search “Recover” in the Windows search option and then select the “Recovery Options”
- Click on the “Restart Now” option as this will immediately Restart your Computer
- Once you are back with your Desktop, proceed this way; “Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Start up Settings”.
- You should “Restart” when asked and then press the key “7” to disable the driver signature implementation.
These steps will not affect the normal function of your PC except you have turned off the driver signature implementation. This will provide us the freedom of using our downloaded drivers without any obstruction in our way.
If you want to implement the driver signatures again simply restart your PC and the restrictions will automatically be imposed. This is very tedious especially in connecting Wii Remote to PC as you have to do all the steps again and again. We are hereby, offering you a permanent solution for this issue. By coping up with the below steps you can permanently disable the driver signature enforcement issue.
- By using the Search option look for Command Prompt.
- You are required to enter the following command followed by pressing the Enter Key.
Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
- Restart your computer
Now you have dealt with the problem and completely rooted it out.
Step 3: Making Connection between Wii Remote and PC
If you have implemented the above steps effectively now the stage comes when you are about to connect your Wii Remote to PC.
- “TinyInstaller.exe” is needed to run with administrator rights.
- After Installation proceeds to control panel, programs, and features and look for the drivers whether they installed correctly. You have the luxury to undo the operation of the drivers are no longer needed.
- The next step is to locate and turn on your Bluetooth Settings.
- Turn the Bluetooth On and keep the window open.
- Now you have to turn the Wii Remote Controller ON and click on the Red Button.
- Pair the device named “Nintendo RVL-CNT-01” with your Bluetooth. In some PCs, it appears to be an Input device initially, and then it changes its name to above.
- You may be asked to enter any passcode, just skip the step and move on. The remote controller should be connected.
- The lights on your Wii remote should be on meaning a successful connection and if not try connecting again.
Step 4: Configuration of Wii Remote to act as a Game Controller
After a successful connection in the preceding steps, you can now sync the Wii remote to PC to behave as a Game controller.
- The free version of the software, named JoyToKey needed to be download from the below link,
- The Profile for Wii Remote can also be downloaded from here,
- The profile and JoyToKey program should be in the same location after downloading.
- Open the JoyToKey program, here you will find a profile named Wii Remote Game. If it is not visible to you, then you have to place the .cfg file in the same location as the JoyToKey program. Then you have to re-open the JoyToKey program.
- The link in step 2 is just a template that can be followed regarding the input of the Wii Remote Controller. Some buttons are intentionally left vacant so you can configure them as per your need. I have just added the UP, DOWN, RIGHT, and LEFT buttons on the keyboard.
- For Instance, if a game requires the character Jump by pressing the “Z” key, and we want by “1”, then simply double click on the arrow named “1”
- Mapping of buttons is quite easy all you need to select the keyboard mode and the first blank disabled rectangle, this will designate the buttons you assign.
- Similarly, other buttons can also be configured and changed.
- The above steps should enable the Wii Remote to properly work, and you can also test this by using Notepad or a web browser.
Step 5: Application of Wii Remote as a Mouse
Finally, we will tell you how to hook up Wii remote as a Mouse with your PC. It would be fun to use the Wii Remote as a Mouse besides having it a Game Controller.
- A Sample Profile is uploaded which can be accessed from the link below,
- The download profile should be in the JoyToKey folder.
- Now open up the JoyToKey Program, if the program is already running then the folders should be the same. The configuration will only be updated once the program is restarted.
- Left side a column is present, select the option “Wii Remote Mouse”.
- Now you have to minimize the JoyToKey program. If you have done it correctly, you are now able to run the Wii Remote as a Mouse. It is similar to a TV remote in holding, and the Dpad will act as a mouse. The profile is just a sample and covers the basic functions, you can add more according to your needs.
- Now open the JoyToKey and double click to select the functions that govern the mouse movement.
This is all about making the Wii Remote a Mouse. More steps are left for you to explore.
In the article above we have described ways of how to connect a Wii controller to a pc windows 10. These are simple and easy steps that need to be followed. Disabling the drive signature is mandatory for installing third-party drivers.
Moreover, we have also presented a permanent solution for the driver problem. The Wii Remote can also be used as a Game Controller and Mouse which is fun. The Sample Profile and the Drivers link are also provided for your ease. However, we welcome any suggestions regarding newer versions of software available if any.