In the computer system, the mouse is the essential thing that every user uses, especially for the input.
The mouse always provides you the opportunity to do all the functions on your computer system very quickly.
It might be possible that your mouse is sometimes too fast and sometimes your mouse is too slow so, DPI is the only solution to all these problems.
In this article, we will learn about different things like what is mouse DPI? and how to change DPI on mouse.
Different methods are present that allow you to change mouse DPI Windows 10 and MAC according to your needs.
All the methods are given below, so you have to follow any of them, and you can quickly know how to adjust DPI on the mouse.
Recommended: Laptop Accessories
What Is Mouse DPI?
The DPI specifies the mouse sensitivity in the number of Dots Per Inch. If you want to enlarge your mouse’s performance, you have to set the mouse DPI accurately.
The mouse DPI has a remarkable impact on your photo editing work and your game playing performance. So you have the opportunity to change the mouse pointer speed by changing the mouse DPI.
Each mouse comes with its DPI capabilities because the gaming mouse comes with the 16,000 DPI sensitivity, and the standard mouse comes with the 1600 DPI sensitivity.
It means that higher DPI results in higher sensitivity and faster mouse pointer; basically, the DPI is used and is more critical when you are working on different screen sizes.
Besides this, the DPI is not only crucial for gamers; it is also essential for graphics designers, architects, and many other people.
How To Change Mouse DPI In Windows 7,8 And 10:
Windows 7, 8, and 10 have different ways; you can change mouse DPI Windows 7, 10, and 8 settings with these ways.
How To Change DPI On Mouse With The DPI On-The-Fly-Button:
It might be possible that too many users don’t know about the DPI on-the-fly-button present on the mouse’s body. It is the easiest way to change mouse DPI Windows 10 instead of going to Windows settings.
This button is not present on every mouse because it is present on high-end gaming mousses and it is used to control the mouse’s sensitivity.
All the steps to do this are given below.
- The first step is to find the DPI button that is present on the top side of the mouse’s scroll wheel.
- After finding the button, click on it and change the mouse’s DPI according to your need.
- When you do this, you will get the notification shown on your screen that tells you about the DPI change.
This method is straightforward, but the main thing is that this method is temporary, and when you log off from your computer or remove the mouse, it will be overwritten.
If your mouse doesn’t have this button, you can still know about “how to change mouse DPI” with the other methods, and all the ways are given below.
How To Change Your Mouse DPI In The Mouse Settings
The other easy and standard process to “change mouse DPI Windows 10” is the mouse settings; if you don’t know how to do it, don’t worry; all the steps are given below.
Step 1: First step is to click on the Windows menu button and then find the control panel.
Step 2: After finding it, open the control panel, and here you have to find the Mouse option; click on this option to go to the mouse properties.
Step 3: When you open the mouse properties, then go to the option named Pointer Options
Step 4: Here, you will find the motion section where the selected is present to adjust the pointer speed according to your needs.
Step 5: Drag the pointer to decrease or increase the speed of the mouse that you want.
Step 6: On this page, you will find the section Enhance Pointer Precision; remember that you have to uncheck this option for better performance.
Step 7: Now it’s time to check the mouse’s movement; when you make sure that the mouse’s movement is perfect for you, click on the apply option to save the changes and press the OK button.
How Do I Change My Mouse DPI MacBook:
If you are a MacBook user and want to know “how to change DPI mouse,” don’t worry; you can easily do it with Mouse Settings.
All the steps are given below; you have to follow are the steps.
- First, you have to open the Apple menu, and here, find the System preferences option.
- Open the System preferences option, and here you have to open the Mouse or Trackpad settings.
- Here, the Point & Click tab is present; you can adjust the tracking speed according to your needs.
- If you have iMac, you can perform the same steps to change the mouse DPI.
- After performing all the steps, you have to test the mouse speed and then apply the new settings.
Edit Registry For Extreme Pointer Speed:
- For this first, press the Windows button and then the R button, the dialog box will open and write the Regedit in the textbox and press Ok.
- Now Registry editor will open, and here, go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USRE\Control\Panel\Mouse from the left menu.
- After going to the mouse option, find the Mouse Speed registry and open it.
- Now, change the value from 1 to 2 and then press the Ok button.
- After this, click on the mousethreshold1 option, change the value data to zero, and then press Ok.
Remember one thing that every person has a different choice in the mouse settings, and sometimes the fixed mouse DPI is not the perfect option for them.
So by changing the mouse DPI higher or lower can improve the usage and performance of the work.
I hope you understand entirely “how to change DPI on mouse”, if you have any questions related to this, you can contact us or ask us in the comment section.