The best processor available is undeniably Core i7 8700k, due to its extreme performance. It comprises some great useful add-ons. The top-ranking aspect is its overclocking capacity, it is marvelous indeed.
It is the best product that serves you in a multi-dimensional way from gaming to video editing and from image processing to designing it works like a giant monster. In terms of performance, it outnumbers the others. No matter how strongly it works, overclocking it heats-up and causes trouble. Therefore, in scenarios like a burden and overloading a decent and efficient CPU cooler becomes a mandatory accessory to be used in conjunction with other vital components.
Overview: Top 12 Best CPU Cooler for i7 8700k
When you are in a quest for the best CPU cooler for i7 8700k several aspects came under attention like, single-fan, double tower combination, or which fills the gap of compatibility. Moreover, extra noise creating fans due to specifications mismatch is also an issue. We are here to articulate some of the high-ranking air and liquid coolers for both your perusal and benefit.
1. Dark Rock 4, BK021, 200W TDP, CPU Cooler
• Its brand name is “BE Quite”
• It has a 4-Pin power connecter and it is a PWM modulator type
• Consumes 125Watts Power, and it has a fan type of cooling
• Made with pure copper having 21.4 dB noise level
Looking for a silent fan, we recommend Dark Rock4 to be your priority. The addition of these plastic swirling blades into your system is truly seamless. The SNR is only 21.4 dB when moving at maximum speeds. Based on years of scientific and technical exploration these adorable looking Dark Rock4 fans are now in front of us. These aspects made this be best CPU cooler of i7 8700k.
PWM Modulator and Heat Sinking Capacity
The cooler has an excellent single tower build with 135mm fan wings. The controls are governed by Pulse-Width Modulation PWM Modulator to provide you with different speed modes. To suck the heat and consume it effectively, six heat suction pipes are included. Its copper made heat dispersing conduits further enhances the efficiency.
High Efficiency – Robust Design
High CFM and wave-contoured cooling fins ensure optimized airflow in Dark Rock4. It has powerful motors that work continuously for longer periods without slowing down. The fan is designed to stand non-stop operation for days due to robust 6-pole fluid bearings and PWM control system. Black ceramic coating is done to ensure maximum heat to be transmitted outside. Its build is ergonomic, thus occupies lesser space with better installation capability.
If you place it at an expedient angle, then there are fewer chances of noise to occur. It has a solid 3-Years warranty plus a whole life customer support service.
Recommended: Best Monitor For Eyes
- The design is ergonomic
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Produces only 4-decibel noise at max speed
- Equipped with 6 copper heat pipes
- It has space for an extra fan as well
- The only black color is found
- RGB Lights are missing
2. MasterAir MA410M Addressable RGB CPU Air Cooler
- Hexagon hologram aluminum fin, a special hologram cut for extra heat dispersal, and elegant RGB lightning
- The maximum noise level is 31.0dB with an airflow of 53.38cm
- Sensors with lights work for CPU temperature and thermal detection
- Dead spots reduction and guidance to air, by using special armor guide
- CPU sockets’ compatibility: LGA2066, LGA2011 v3, LGA2011, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1366, AMD: AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
For those people who are fond of decorative products, we suggest you should go for a MasterAir MA410M CPU Air cooler since it comes with beautiful sterling RGB lights. Moreover, it has two other great features, air-guide armor, and a special Hologram aluminum fin. This is your ultimate remedy in case of overheating caused by gaming and overclocking. We can say that it is one of the best CPU cooler for i7 8700k
Air cooler protects your equipment from burning due to overheating. Its cutting-edge technology and rarely seen features are no less than a blessing to your computer. With minimum noise emission design, it only reaches 31dB even at full load. 28 RGB LEDs are fully synchronized and controlled with motherboard lights by using Master Plus.
Armored base with Direct Contact
A specific armor is added to increase heat absorption and to ease out the airflow. Base’s surface area is 45% extra thus enables quick and efficient cooling. Direct Contact Technology makes physical contact of pipes with the system so that nearly cent percent heat suction and cooling can be done.
Intelligent PWM Technology
It is also governed by PWM technology so low input power consumption along with precise temperature sensing is supervened. Zero to full RPMs is sensed according to the CPU’s temperature.
Recommended: Best Laptops For Streaming Videos
- Integrated with latest PWM technology
- Surface Area contact is maximum than any other air cooler
- Sync LEDs, 28 Front, and Side ones
- All new generation systems are adaptable
- The decibel range is a little up
3. Noctua NH-U14S – Premium CPU Cooler
- It has an award-winning slim design; 140mm single-tower provides superb cooling
- Does not covers RAM slots and thus fully compatible with tall modules
- Low-noise adaptor with PWM support combat noise along with auto-speed control
- Sponsored with 6-Years warranty supports following models: Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 10900K, 10700K, 10600K, 10980XE) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 3950X, 3900X, 3700X, 3600X)
It is another best choice for Intel cores and AMD. Noctua products always supersede in terms of quality, efficiency, and durability. The model has full adaption with Intel Core i3 to Core i9 plus AMD Ryzen series processors.
Compact Design with Multi-Socket Mount
SecuFirm2 Technology also with multi-socket mounting system, this cooler fan can be easily implanted on any system. 140mm dimensions are suited to engineer several other components over it with great compactness. It appears to be sleeping with no appreciable sound during any heavy work, gaming, or overclocking.
Thermal Sensors and PWM Support
Excellent sensors turn the fan off during nil usage. Noise suppressors are working fine and they fully suppress the extra sound. Quick Response acts in no time to detect zero-load to overheating. It has six heat pipes that work in coordination with PWM support.
Powerful Unit yet Not a Space Eater
We have found this unit to be extremely powerful especially during heavy gaming and extra-overclocking activities. It is perhaps the best use of your money. Smartly fits in and provides ample space for RAM and other slots. 1.7lbs in weight is suited for a routine gaming computer. In our view, it is an outstanding i7 8700k cooler.
- Light-weighted with compactness
- PWM support speed control operation
- Comes with SecuFirm2 mounting kit
- Adaptability with AMD and Intel both
- The overall design is not attractive
- LEDs are missing
4. NZXT Kraken X62 280mm
RL-KRX62-02 CPU Liquid Cooler
- Its brand is NZXT with 3.84 Watts power consumption.
- Provided with water (liquid) type cooling with minimum noise of 25dB
- Fully dynamic and customizable LEDs along with infinity mirror design
- Engineered to finest standards by keeping noise level to a minimum even at full-functioning
- With mobile monitoring, users can review the performance at any instant
- The manufacturer provides a warranty of 6-Years
So far we have present air coolers, NZXT Kraken x62 is one of the best liquid coolers for i7 8700k. It has a powerful cooling mechanism specially designed for a gaming system. A separated pump is attached that circulates the liquid throughout the fan thus cool system is there all the time.
Android & iOS Compatibility
An intelligent system is provided to detect overclocking and works in a completely silent mode. Fully compatible with any Android and iOS device using mobile applications, thus users can view real-time data, and monitoring can be done easily. Temperatures can be checked on a smartphone during overclocking. Maximum heat dissipation is the primary task of radiators.
Aer P Radiator and LEDs
Aer P radiator fans are designed in such a way to disperse maximum liquid in lesser time thus maximum efficiency with extra robustness is ensured. The pump portion is connected with safe and separate cables. Some stunning LEDs are also added for further beautification.
Warranty & Support
Comes with a 6-Year solid warranty from the day of purchase. Customers are entitled to avail of the clock support services and feedbacks.
Recommended: Best Laptops for Lawyers
- The lightning head is decorated with fabulous lights
- Maximum cooling is provided due to large-sized fans
- Special Aer P Radiator fans
- 6-Year Product Warranty
- Fans occupy 280 mm of space
- Due to high RPMs, power dissipation is increased
5. Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO RGB AIO CPU Liquid Cooler
- Material is pure copper, with cooling type water, having a 37db noise level
- Vibrant looking multi-color LED lighting pattern is designed to match the system lightning.
- Comes with powerful software support to control lightning, fan speed, and pump controls according to temperature and pressure.
- Design is compact and the following socket support is available, Intel LGA 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011 3, 2066 and AMD AM2, AM3, AM4, FM1, FM2
Another powerful machine component for your perusal here. Corsair has introduced their latest model which is equipped with double liquid fans and elegant combinations of RGB lightning. Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO RGB AIO CPU Liquid Cooler is supposed to provide maximum efficiency during high RAM and overclocking duties. It amalgamates style and performance due to its 400 to 2400 RPM speed and is quite suited for Intel and AMD processors. It is the best CPU water cooler for i7 8700k.
Like the aforementioned models, this little machine also works on zero to full RPM modes thus ensures high performance along with great silence. The dimensions are suited to be mounted on any compatible system, yet extra space for RAM and PCIe Sockets are available.
PWM Controllers and organized wiring
Other sockets are not in direct connection to the fan, having less cabling ensures neat and tidy wirings. Several sensors along with PWM controllers regulate the fan. At low RPMs, static pressure is generated through PWM.
Microprocessor and Android Support
A built-in microprocessor controls all the functions and the RGB lights. A wireless connection to Android and iOS devices is also feasible via software iCUE. Real-time temperature and pressure monitoring can be done.
- Fully-Automated PWM Control System
- iCUE software makes monitoring and controls a fun
- Quite suited for overclocking
- Bluetooth and Wireless integration for Android and iOS
- Requires plenty of mounting space
- Experienced a little noisy for average systems
6. EVGA CLC 280mm All-In-One RGB LED CPU Liquid Cooler
- Wattage 125 with water cooling, support desktop orientation
- The fan is compatible with plenty of sockets like LGA2066/2011/2011-v3/1200/1150/1151/1155/1156/1366 and AMD AM2/AM3/AM4/FM1/FM2/TR4 and future modifications
- Sync RGB lights to other components as well
- Performance is kept optimum while the fan noise is almost negligible
This product is marked excellent in the books of Intel and AMD. Dual Radiators, compact pump, rugged design, and nylon braided cables contribute to its superior class and robustness. We have experienced its maximum noise to be 39.5dB
Constant Air Circulation
Having uniform airflow circulation, EVCA CLC is considered the epitome product for your gaming system. It has support for any Intel and AMD upcoming models as well. The 280mm in cross-section, dual-fan radiators are designed for horizontal mounting and provide easy passage to the liquid pump.
EVGA’s Mobile Application
We are sure to testify its performance that never compromises during heavy application usage and overclocking modes. EVGA’s up-to-date mobile application can be used for monitoring on android and ios systems also helpful in scheming the LEDs.
PWM is a smart technology that minimizes mechanical losses and stopping the fan when there is no need. Heat dissipation is maximized along with negligible energy consumption. Teflon-nano bearings are attached for longer-life.
- High-Graded materials are used with the state-of-the-art technology
- EVGA flow control and monitoring software
- Adjustable RGB lights and model synchronization
- 5-Year Warranty
- Size is a bit large than most coolers of this type
- Some systems may face compatibility issues
7. MasterAir Maker 8 High-end CPU Air Cooler
- 4-pin Cooler Masterworks on 12-Volts power and consumes up-to 80 Watts
- Having the latest 3D Vapor technology provides superior cooling protection for most of the components
- Besides having 8 heat pipes, an enormous heat sink further cools down
- Fan bracket is designed to facilitate quick replacement, mounting, and detachment
Compact design filled with high-end performance, if you are in quest for these characteristics, we highly praise MasterAir Maker 8, as the best product for you. It’s a 3D vapor chamber with 8 heat pipes to ensure quick airflow in and out of the system. Having dual Silencio fans provide everything you are looking for. We believe that this is the best air cooler for 8700k.
Aluminum fins are placed in the opposite direction thus low noise operation is granted. Cooling is adaptable to almost any CPU. The pipes are oriented so that heat from any direction can be easily sucked out. It has a power eating capacity of 250W TDP. In addition to pipes, there is a heat sink implanted to further lower the temperature.
3D Vaporization Technology
Temperature and flow control is maintained by its special 3D vapor chamber. The airflow level is bound to touch 66 CFM levels with a maximum noise level at 24dB. A combination of multi-color LEDs is also packed-in to increase the enthusiastic gaming experience.
Variety of Sizes
Two dimensions can be used 120mm and 140mm as well as the actual fan dimensions. This enables the users to have ease of space during different installation schemes. After installation of the cooler, plenty of space will be vacant for RAM, graphics card, and other PCIe slot items.
- Lesser weight and compact dimensions
- Noise is reduced
- 8 heat pipes with sink plus elegant LEDs
- Not a space occupier
- Having issues of compatibility with some systems
- Single light LED are found
8. DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 CPU Air Cooler
- Following sockets are supported Intel Socket 130W LGA20XX/LGA1366/LGA115X/LGA775 and AMD Socket 125W AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1.
- Dimensions are 120x120x25mm PWM fan with blue LED
- Extra fan clips allow you to add another fan
- Without moving the motherboard, it can be installed easily
- Power 3-watts with 30dB noise level
A blend of efficiency, style, and design compactness altogether, we are presenting you the standardized item. Beautiful aluminum fins with strongly packed copper pipes are best for maximum heat removal out of the system. It is one of the best air cooler for i7 8700k.
Single Tower with Blue Lights
Its build is a single tower and can handle 74.34 CFM airflow. Its blue light is eye-catchy and it glows when cooler and CPU are matched up. Plenty of compatibility options are there and support Intel LGA20XX, LGA1366, and others with 130W power.
Direct Contact with CPU
Its heat pipes are in contact with the CPU so, during overclocking and heavy graphical games, the possibility of overheating the system is completely ruled out. For making contact minimal air resistance and power are utilized. Aluminum fins are made to disperse maximum heat.
Compact Design and PWM Control
Be satisfied, its dimensions are in range. So it never overruns your PCIe or RAM slots areas. PWM controls the speed along with blue lights. Performance monitoring and noise reduction are also controlled by PWM.
Possibility of Adding Extra Fan
The additional fan can be added to the system without bothering to remove this one. This can be done by opening the clips provided. The fan produces a noise level ranging from 17.8 to 30 decibels. A single fan is enough to complete your job, however, if you feel you can add another in combination. Maximum RPMs are 1500 and dimensions are 135mm.
- Having sturdy features with compactness
- PWM responsible for heat controlling and RPMs
- 4 nicely fitted copper heat conduits
- Direct contact makes quick heat transferability
- Some compatibility problems may arise
- Worldwide shipping is out of scope
9. Cooling Master Hyper – 212
- 4-pin connecter comes with direct contact technology to drain out maximum heat
- Having an air-flow of 24 CFM and noise level of 26.0 decibels
- Precise airflow is maintained by stacked fin array along with jam protection available
- Snap and play feature makes it’s easy during installation and removal
- Socket support, Intel: LGA2066, LGA2011 v3, LGA2011, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1366, AMD: AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
For customized CPUs that are for gaming purposes, Cooling Master Hyper – 212 is the best choice. Its even heat suction and air distributions are unmatched. Having unusually amazing heat pipes integrated with a black thick aluminum top is fully geared to combat maximum heat during overclocking. It is the best CPU cooler for the i7 8700k model.
It is also backed with direct contact technology ensuring high performance and makes this marvelous heat sucker. At maximum rotor speed, the noise never reaches your ears. Speed sensors are implanted to guide the fan to adjust RPMs according to usage in overclocking and silent modes.
Can be easily mounted and detached, its design is friendly in this regard. Any newer generation Intel Core System can benefit from this cooler. Intel Core System and AMD both can be a part of this. Enough clearance space is available after its mounting. Due to its towering structure, users can get more space for RAM and PCIe Slots.
Shiny Black Elegant Color
For those who love black color, this is the perfect shine for them. Its glossy black color gives a tremendous attractive game look for the gamer’s PC. The shape is made further attractive when the fins are also coated with black color. Heat pipes travel through the cooler and are attached to the copper base. Having direct contact technology any minor sign of heat will be terminated.
- Creativity can be seen in the design
- Maxima of performance at lower power expense
- Having an Aluminum base implanted with copper heat pipes
- Creates noise when overclocked
- Additional fans cannot be a part of it
- You have to verify its compatibility before putting it into the cart
10. Cryorig H7 Tower Cooler
- Air cooler with 14dB noise level, Airflow is optimized using propriety fin system, air turbulence reduction, Jet Fin Acceleration SystemTM, and structural support
- Pure copper heat pipes can be seen
- 120mm QF120 fan with PWM control with HPLNTM bearings for maximum airflow
- Noise ratio is greatly reduced besides having a larger air intake
Having a single heat sink Cryorig H7 Tower Cooler is made with a high air turbulence system along with top-notch airflow optimization. We have seen it has the best integration with modern motherboards and gaming systems. So we certify this product as i7 8700k best cooler.
Cooler for Latest CPU Generations
When installed on the seventh and ninth generations of CPUs you will be completely relaxed. Fin system is introduced and every good quality is summarized in this little machine. Systematic fan mechanics and Jet fin acceleration are responsible to deal with heat dissipation.
HPLNTM Bearing Technology
H7 Tower has three powerful heat pipes designed to pull out the heat from the system. HPLNTM bearing is included to provide extreme airflow during overclocking. Built-in sound buffering is responsible for maximum noise reduction with the integration of efficient quad-control air intake.
Warranty and Support
Fan dimensions are 120mm and the overall size is 145mm. The dimensions make this cooler to be placed on any system. 6 Year warranty is provided and lifetime support after the sale is at the customer’s disposal.
- Designed for Intel and AMD with a single fan
- Maximum 6-Year Warranty is given
- Design is suited for most systems and is lightweight
- Jet fin acceleration with PWM fan control system
- For a single-fan cooler, the size is larger
- Noisy and power consumer at load
11. Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black
- Received international recommendations and awards from hardware websites
- The dual-tower provides maximum and quiet cooling
- Dual fan design with renowned and award-winning NF-A15 140mm fans with low noise adaptors
- Controls are maintained through PWM Modulators, at the idle condition the fan is whisper silent
- SecuFirm2 mounting system with high class NT-H1 thermal paste ensures easy installation
For Guys who are looking for sexy black looks, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black gives them the perfect choice. It is newer in technology and beauty in Black. Its blades are extra wide made with Aluminium, coated with black color to provide efficient cooling. It is more than a good cooler for i7 8700k.
Renowned Machine worldwide
It is an adorable Fan, having powerful motors, nice color, and dual fans. The heat pipes are 6 having low noise adaptors to reduce the unwanted buzz up to maximum levels. This piece of equipment is worldwide awarded due to its great build, overclocking, and high performance during overheating and loading.
Here, also the functioning and controls are overlooked through PWD technology. By assessing the heat signals the fan speed is determined accordingly. Maximum heat and airflow are allowed to escape through the base that is of pure copper.
Easy Tucking and Strong Build
L.N.A and Aluminum fins ensure complete silence besides having a dual-tower configuration. SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system is used for easy mounting. By tucking in and out, it can be easily mounted. It provides appreciable clear space for RAM installation and compatible with a lot of high-end RAM modules.
Adorable Color and Excellent Compatibilities
Its black uniform color is one of the best things as it is completely black. Various portions like top and heat sink, heat pipes, mounting spaces, fans and fan clips, and black anti-vibration pads are covered with glossy black shade. Intel Core i3 to i9 have supported versions along with AMD Ryzen.
- Pitch-black color from top to bottom
- Faultless for overclocking
- Its pads are anti-vibration
- SecuFirm2 mounting system
- Compact design
- Expensive than normal
12. Gamemax 120mm Addressable RGB PWM Fan
- 4-pin connector with air-cooling type, with effective heat dissipation system with HDT copper, sintered heat pipes
- RGB lights are stylish and attractive with motherboard synchronizing capability
- 125mm dimensions ensure friendly installation with Intel and AMD without moving the motherboard
- Wide socket support, Intel/AMD TDP 187W CPU LA775/LGA1155/LGA1150/LGA1156/LGA1151/LGA115x Socket 754/939/940/AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1/FM2/AM4
Gammemax 120mm cooler fan is the best fan for gaming needs that acts in silence. Pure copper heat pipes and aluminum fins are used in its manufacture. Rainbow RGB lights are cooler than any other. Its price is also not very high so we indorse this as a suitable buy. In our view, it the best CPU cooler for overclocking.
Appreciable Space Leftover
Fans are structured in tower configuration thus ample space is left for other items. Your way is clear, you can install RAM and PCIe Slot cards without any obstruction. Multi-slot vertical insertion is good for easy installation as no need to move the motherboard. Fans are sensors are ruled by PWM.
Real-time Data Viewing
Real-time data and graphics illustrations can be check for cooling fans and radiators. The cooling fan and its aluminum base is coupled with RGB lightning and creates a harmonizing mash-up with AURA of the motherboard.
The software control system controls the beautifully illuminated lightning system and gaming motions. The RGB lighting can easily be synchronized by the motherboard’s lightning. The cooler depicts higher performance in overclocking. It has higher RPMs with the lowest noise of 30.8 dB maximum. This model leads all the other previous models.
Lesser Energy Consumer
The special PWM controller controls the fan speed according to need. In silent mode, it runs with lesser energy dissipation and the least noise emission. The heat sink has firmly surrounded fins that encircle the fan surface.
- State-of-the-art PWM technology incorporated
- Its surface area for contact is larger than other similar coolers
- Plenty of RGB LEDs with full synchronization
- All-New Generation systems are fully adaptable
- The decibel range is slightly high
Best CPU Cooler Buyer’s Guide
System customization is of prime importance when it comes to serious gamers. The enthusiastic gaming guys can be persuaded to spend a huge amount while buying the accessories. Since they want their machine to be fully obsessed with the needs of current and future generations. Enlisted below are some key points that must be complying with to buy the best CPU cooler for i7 8700k.
1. Maximum Clearance Space
Triple-fan coolers are usually non-compatible with most of the systems. So you have to check thoroughly, space, before finalizing the merchandise. For smaller systems, the bigger fans are of no proper use; rather they behave as show-piece items.
2. System Requirements
Another important thing is to have a clear understanding of your system, as medium sized systems cannot be surplus with fancy heavy wattage coolers. The compatibility also plays an important role, just keep in mind the specs and visit the manufacturer’s website then buy your desired item.
3. Choice of Lightning
If you like cool, dancing and multi-color lights then carry extra money with you. Otherwise, the simple non-illuminated cooler will suffice. In our opinion, lights contribute to extra fun both in single-player and multi-player gaming. Today, a variety of RGB lightning are available, that are fully customizable and can be synchronized with the motherboard’s lighting as well.
4. Selection of Air or Water Coolers
The three main factors are involved in this subject, type of CPU, power ratings, and user preference. We believe that Air coolers are good but Water coolers may prove to be best for some special games. Air coolers are satisfactory for mid-range systems and functionalities. The cooling time of water coolers is much less, low noise and low temperatures are positive aspects of water coolers. For high-end overclocking water cooler should be your preference.
During overclocking, the chances of heating up are much higher. Whether you go for an air or water cooler, always make sure to choose the one with a lower cooling time. Direct cooling systems or the ones with heat pipes nearer to the CPU can be selected.
6. Fan Count
It depends upon the clearance space available. For a lesser spacious environment, a cascaded system may work out well. If you have ample room for a single fan cooler then you have to work out that soon. Moreover, multi-stage coolers create noise almost two to three times than a single mount fan.
It is an aspect which may concern some people or may not. However, gadgets should be price should be under their specs. Air coolers are cheap but they tend to create more noise than their water counterparts. You can consider buying or not the ones with LEDs as they contribute extra money. Special heat sinks, sensors, and customizable lights all these features are deciding the price of the cooler.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the best CPU cooler for i7 8700k?
Corsair H115i Pro is the prime choice and is number cooler for i7 8700k. It suits well with cases of 280mm radiator mount and is fully equipped to cope with your overclocking requirements from i7 to the maximum.
Is the stock cooler enough for i7 8700k?
There is no cooler available or that comes by-default with a processor. I7 8700k is a processor that needs to be cooled so a good quality air or water fan cooler is essential.
Is i7 9700k better than 8700k?
As the title suggests and people believe that 9700k is much better than 8700k but we believe that it is the clock speed that contributes. 8700k has 6C/12T, and the 9700k has 8C/8T but the clock speed of 8700k is slightly (0.1 GHz) higher.
Do you need a CPU cooler for i7?
The processor i7 is undoubtedly a powerful one. So it generates a massive amount of heat. You must need a decent quality Air or AIO cooler to keep the temperature lower.
Does i7 9700k need liquid cooling?
I7 9700k is required a proper cooling system. Both air and liquid coolers are suited for i7 9700k. However, the decisive factor is the speed at which the cooler is running. Recommended clock speed is around 5GHz but 5.1GHz customization is needed in case of extreme overclocking.
What temperature should my i7 9700k be?
The highest maximum safe temperature range is 105 Degrees Celsius or 221 Degrees Fahrenheit. The safest limits for processor i7 9700k should be 100 and 212 respectively that is the boiling point approximately. This temperature range is the red zone; it’s not wise to cross that thermal threshold.
Does the i7 9700k run hot?
Yes, as per our experience with certain action games it reaches 80 and sometimes crosses it. Particularly when playing Rainbow Six Siege Terrorist Hunt.
Is liquid cooling worth it?
High efficiency, improved overclocking, less noise, high-end GPU cooling quickly, and overall a cool look are some of the aspects that vote in favor of liquid cooling.